Top 3 Hard Skills To Verifiy before you Hire Planning Engineer – Construction Industry
Before you hire or assign Planning Engineer to your project you need to follow a selection criteria that serve your projects needs, in the following lines we will touch the top three skills required to be obtained by planning Engineer and how to measure them to deliver successful Project Schedule and Planning Outcomes.
- Scheduling and Planning Knowledge and Experience
- Project Planning and Scheduling Software: Primavera P6
- Project Change Control
Since it is tricky to verify Planning Engineer qualification, as big part of the verification is depend on his ability to perform complex operations using softwares like Primavera P6, it is advised to make sure he meet the evidence measures listed here:
- Education: Has relevant Engineering degree to the industry or discipline of the project or scope he will be responsible for.
- Experience: Verified work experience in previous similar jobs, this can be done by reviewing his experience certificated and contact his old references.
- Certifications: This is the most important. PMP, PMI-SP and PSP Certificates is very strong evidence that Planning Engineer is qualified enough to meet your needs.
- On Job Interview: Make sure a qualified Senior Planning Manager to conduct on job interview in-front of Computer screen, so he can check the Candidate ability to perform different scheduling tasks directly on the software screen.
But here is the most important question!
Are you sure hiring Full time Planning Engineer is the right decision?
Before you go a head and hire one, I advised you to check this Article about hiring Freelance Planning Engineer!
Wish you fruitful surfing!